Beds for Kids: As they are looking to make the holidays comfortable for families in the Greater Charlotte area, they are in need of some specific furniture items & bedding. They are in need of dressers, upholstered chairs, and twin bed frames. The bedding needs have been compiled into a Walmart Wishlist linked below.
- Walmart Wishlist is linked HERE
- If you have any questions about specifics on furniture needs or drop off, please reach out to Rachel HERE
LifeLine Christian Mission: They have a Thanksgiving Day event as well as a Christmas event. Details for both are below;
- Thanksgiving Day packing event | Time: 10am - 11:30pm | Location: Charlotte Centre 325 McGill Ave NW, Concord, NC 28027 | Registration is HERE
- Christmas packing event | Date: Dec. 19th | Time: 6pm - 7:30pm | Location: Charlotte Centre 325 McGill Ave NW, Concord, NC 28027 | Registration is HERE
- For any questions, please contact Hollie Gregory (704) 305-3501
HOPEMatch: They provide HOPE to families who have fallen on hard times. They offer resources focused on strengthening community & providing support with dignity and respect by matching needs with donors that want to help. NOMINATIONS FOR THE HOLIDAY ARE NOW OPEN. Do you know of an individual or family that could use Christmas gifts this season?
- To nominate an individual or family: PLEASE SUBMIT A NOMINATION HERE
- For any questions, please contact Erin Blackmore HERE
Project Outpour: They reached out to us asking for donations of hoodies, hats, hand warmers, and gloves. This allows them to provide our homeless neighbors with much needed winter gear, especially over the holiday season as colder weather approaches.
- To shop for these items, please check out their Amazon Wishlist HERE | You can ship all donation to: Project Outpour 1800 Camden Rd. ste 107-143, Charlotte, NC 28203
- If you also want to volunteer with them over the holiday season, you can find their needs HERE
*** HOPEMatch provides HOPE to families who have fallen on hard times. They offer resources focused on strengthening community & providing support with dignity and respect by matching needs with donors that want to help. NOMINATIONS FOR THE HOLIDAY ARE NOW OPEN. Do you know of an individual or family that could use Christmas gifts this season?
To nominate an individual or family: PLEASE SUBMIT A NOMINATION HERE
For any questions, please contact Erin Blackmore HERE
Free Transportation for our Disabled & Elderly (60 yrs +) Individuals: Mecklenburg County is offering free transportation for needs such as local grocery food chains, pharmacies, farmers markets, barber shops & beauty salons, places of worship, and some medical appointments.
Elderly - is 60 years + of age / Disabled Individuals - 18 - 59
This service is offered 364 days a year/7 days a week and all trips must be made 3 days in advance
Mecklenburg Transportation System Scheduling Line: 704-336-4547
Park and Recreation | Free Fans: Mecklenburg County Park and Recreation are helping local seniors and adults who receive disability income stay cool this summer by offering free box fans. For all the details, times, and locations, please visit HERE
Read Charlotte | New Program: Read Charlotte has developed a new turnkey reading program called Queen City Readers (QCR). The goal is to help adults with no formal literacy or education background to help children master basic K-1 word reading skills. They are interested in talking with churches who might be interested in exploring how they could integrate this new resource into their outreach work with young children next school year.
If you’re interested in learning more, please contact Munro Richardson via email HERE
Hospice of Carolina Foothills | Family Support: They opened up a pediatric hospice program and currently have a client living in Matthews who is awaiting a heart transplant at Duke Hospital. They reached out inquiring if there might be anyone interested in supporting this family through volunteering with offering some light housework. With the family traveling back and forth to Durham so frequently, this would be a huge blessing.
If this is of any interest to you and anyone you know, please reach out to Bob Young at United Way for more information & details. You can reach him via email HERE